Strengthen and enrich your career
while leveraging your strategic and financial skills.
Inforum BoardAccess™ provides resources, support and networking opportunities for women who are qualified for seats on public and private corporate boards today and in the future. The initiative is expected to help retain Michigan’s top female executive talent, enhance corporate decision-making processes and improve board diversity.
Applications are accepted all year long.
One-on-one coaching helps qualified senior executives chart a personal course for board service. Five BoardAccess™ coaching and pre-work sessions with a board mentor are tailored to fit a busy executive’s schedule and provide an action-oriented, flexible framework for building a “board brand.”
Exclusive networking opportunities connect qualified candidates with CEOs, current board directors, executive recruiters and other advocates for advice and support on the road to corporate board service.
Informational sessions broaden attendees’ perspectives on board service and career decisions that may enhance future board credentials.
National reach and influence means BoardAccess™ participants benefit from Inforum’s connection to national efforts and research to advance gender diversity on corporate boards.
Self Evaluation Tools for Board Readiness
- Profit and loss responsibility (true P&L experience with revenue or sales targets, not just a cost center P&L, ideally 3-5x the revenue of the company you’re hoping to serve as a board member)
- Subject matter expertise relevant to the target company
- Legal, financial, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Chief Executive Officer
- Division President
- Advisory Board experience with a private company
- Board of Directors experience with a private company
- Non-Profit Board of Directors or Board of Advisors experience
Self Evaluation Surveys
Here are some tips to determine if a board opportunity is right for you?
- Investigate Directors & Officers insurance limits, especially what and how much it covers to know if it is enough.
- Meet as many of the board members as you can to ensure there is good chemistry. The key for a successful board experience is chemistry with the other members and Chairman. If you don’t have that, your tenure could be rocky.
- Gain a clear understanding of the specific skills the committee is looking for. Convince the board you posses them.
- Ask questions to determine how well the board works together. Try to ascertain where potential the land mines may be. How do decisions get made?
- Research which board members are exiting and why.
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
118 Commerce SW, Ste. 300b
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503