Vice President, Business Development
The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for driving revenue through:
- Current and prospective corporate investors
- Foundations and other funders
- Inforum’s leadership development offerings
- Event sponsorship
- Industry groups sponsorship
- Individual giving
We are looking for a candidate who will provide world class relationship management and thought leadership to continuously deliver high quality, innovative programs that improve Inforum’s value proposition and meet market needs. This is a unique opportunity to work within the nonprofit arena while providing business solutions and opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with corporate investors, foundations and Chief Talent Officers at targeted companies, strategically engaging the President/CEO and other members of the team, including board and staff, to extend the organization’s revenue relationship reach.
- Create and manage the prospect pipeline for corporate and foundation revenue streams.
- Make the ask and close the deals, engaging direct reports and other team members on resulting key relationship activation actions.
- Stay up to date on emerging funding sources and corporate funding priorities
- Identify, recruit, onboard, and retain new corporate investors
- Leverage Virtual Inforum for new funding relationships and opportunities
- Conduct prospect research at local, state and national levels around foundation grant opportunities and develop grant applications where applicable
- Collaborate on creation and dissemination of sales marketing materials
- Track research and data on women in the workforce for use in presentations
- Co-lead Inforum Board Corporate Partners Committee on revenue development
- Other duties as assigned
Maintain Important Reporting, Records and Infrastructure
- Track donation reporting deadlines and work with the staff team to ensure they are met and all materials and records are properly maintained.
- Work with team members to maintain necessary files, records, databases, reports and resource materials and adapt as necessary going forward
- Work with CFO and CEO on annual audit and budget preparation, revenue projections and documentation
- A passion for helping career-minded women lead and achieve success as they define it.
- Must have prior experience in sales and marketing strategy and execution; a demonstrated track record of meeting sales and revenue target and growing revenue. Knowledge and success with nonprofit or membership association fund raising preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Must enjoy doing as much as planning. Experience and understanding what it means to be a doer on a small nonprofit team.
- Strong people skills. Collaborative team member. Should exhibit the talent necessary to build and develop positive, cooperative relationships both internally and externally. Must be able to maintain prospect and donor information in a confidential manner.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with corporate/executive investors, foundation staff, board members, members, and other professionals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple assignments and teams concurrently.
- Five to ten years of progressive experience in business development, sales, fund raising or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Prior grant writing experience a plus. Excellent proof-reading and editing skills and strong computer skills.
- A working knowledge of prospect research (including on line and various media searches).
- Willingness to travel or work nontraditional hours if necessary.
Office Location: Detroit, Michigan. We also have a Grand Rapids office that serves West Michigan.
How to Apply: Please send resume to Carole Leigh Hutton, firstname.lastname@example.org