- Southeast Michigan
- Child Welfare, CHildren Youth and Families, Social/Human Services, Education
- Memberships, Board Positions, etc.
- Board Chair -Plymouth Educational Center, Public Charter School
Board Chair -Continuum of Care (CoC) addressing homelessness in the cities of Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park
- Something you should know
- Celia is passionate about issues impacting children and youth.
- Her Personal Side
- Born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Celia is a happily married empty-nester with four children who are between 26 and 20 years old. While the young adults have flown, the family enjoys spending time together, traveling, and engaging with their church and the community through volunteerism. Celia serves on her church's Board of Deacons, and its Caribbean Mission Ministry.
- Most people don't know
- The Thomas family was featured extensively in a Sesame Street Initiatives special, “Families Stand Together, Feeling Secure in Tough Economic Times,” in September 2009 (www.sesameworkshop.org/toughtimes).
- Words of Wisdom
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou