As the Program Manager, you will participate as a key leader of the organization, working in a high-energy team environment. You will have responsibility for leading the day-to-day operations of inGAGE™. This includes managing inGAGE™ Master Class, Inforum’s inGAGE™ Role Model & Investor Series, and inGAGE™ Angel Investing initiatives, as well as other entrepreneurial-oriented initiatives that may be created.
inGAGE™ is Inforum’s strategy to position Michigan as the Midwest hub for high-growth women entrepreneurs. The approach delivers programs to increase the number of women angel investors in Michigan; provides women access to our network of investors and advisors, and guides women through the process of commercializing technology through a substantive entrepreneurial education and resource curriculum that facilitates the creation of women-led business ventures in high-growth industries.
The Program Manager will be responsible for effectively managing all the daily administrative and program management functions required to maximize the quality of programs, services and sustainability for Inforum. The ideal candidate will also possess the ability to assess situations, systems and processes, and then craft and implement process improvements and solutions as appropriate. To optimize your success, you must be a hands-on, results-oriented individual
This unique role requires a take-charge individual who is looking for an opportunity in a fast-paced, innovative and customer-focused nonprofit. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to multi-task and communicate effectively while managing multiple deadlines. This is a unique opportunity to impact operations and support the ongoing growth of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who wants to have a meaningful impact by supporting Michigan women-led ventures that generate revenue and employ others, thus positively impacting Michigan’s economy.
Program Planning and Coordination:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for all inGAGE™ programs, events and classes.
- Develop and manage processes to track performance milestones to meet reporting requirements as defined by the grant funders.
- Work with appropriate team members to manage program contracts and logistics. This will include identifying, sourcing and procuring all resource materials, catering and meeting venues as required by the program plan.
- Work with appropriate team members to develop the marketing and recruiting plan, and manage the application process for program participants, and provide support throughout the interview and selection process.
- Manage online system for delivering content to participants.
- Manage development and customization of program website and marketing materials.
- Oversee data collection, tracking and reporting of participant progress as outlined and required by our grant contracts.
- Work with the vice president of signature events and communications, vice president of business development and marketing, and CFO and to create and manage overall program budgets.
- Manage all program vendor and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage contracts and provide administrative support as needed to procure program materials, catering and meeting venues.
Sales / Marketing / Public Relations:
- Develop systems to meet sales targets and ensure full enrollment for each entrepreneurial program.
- Work with VP/communications to develop communications strategies, collateral materials and plans to effectively position entrepreneurial programming within targeted markets.
- Plan ways to maximize corporate investors’ involvement/benefit.
- Compile, prepare and distribute inGAGE™ Success Stories, talking points, and industry “fast fasts” to funders and internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare grant applications and reports
- Collect and report evaluation metrics
- Manage vendor relationships
- Update website in job-relevant areas as needed
Program Design and Delivery:
- Evaluate program content from selected vendors.
- Implement inGAGE™ programs, including all administrative details associated with program delivery (advance planning for facility logistics, participant communication, testing and subject matter expert communications)
- Stay abreast of entrepreneurial trends and maintain any essential qualifications and certifications to effectively execute responsibilities
- Some morning, evening, and weekend hours are required, as well as occasional travel around the state.
- Other duties as assigned. All staff members assist with events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations.
- Detail oriented; must have demonstrated ability to analyze, develop and maintain efficient workflow, handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective written and oral communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of and experience leveraging Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, including universities, investment channels, business community and economic development community is highly desirable.
- Must be able to motivate, inspire, and communicate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated expertise in motivating others to establish and successfully achieve goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software. Proficiency in design software, such as Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Experience with WordPress or other web software a plus.
- Skilled in social media tools and techniques with understanding of strategic branding and marketing channels.
Reports to: Vice president, signature events and communications
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Cindy Goodaker, Vice president, signature events and communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
118 Commerce SW, Ste. 300b
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503