Manage the day-to-day office functions for Inforum, establishing efficient office work flow and administrative processes. Deliver professional and positive interactions with members, program participants and volunteer leaders (boards of directors, regional councils, committee members). Assist in the execution of events.
Areas of responsibility:
- Office management functions include the following:
- Answer telephones
- Process incoming mail
- Process invoices and payments
- Coordinate with building security and building management, as needed
- Maintain office supplies
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs including equipment maintenance, and operations
- Troubleshoot IT-related issues with appropriate vendors
- Administrative tasks include the following:
- Calendar management for CEO (includes scheduling meetings and being a “gatekeeper” for meeting requests)
- Maintain distribution lists for CEO and Inforum
- Maintain all corporate investor records, including gratis memberships and gratis ticket usage; maintain corporate investor records in database and on website; and prepare and participate in annual audit of corporate investor files
- Event coordination includes the following:
- Track registration attendance for events
- Prepare and distribute confirmation notices to event registrants
- Prepare nametags and other marketing collateral for events
- Assist in transporting materials, banners, etc., to event locations
- Assist in on-site execution of events, including managing the registration table, distributing marketing collateral, etc.
- Leadership develop programs coordination includes the following:
- Communicate with program hosts and coordinate logistics
- Overall program support, including reproducing program materials, facilitator support, participant communication and tracking, marketing efforts, and content updates as needed.
- Coordination of Senior Executive Forum tables
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- One to five years of administrative or office-management experience preferred
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Must be technologically proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe software with ability to quickly learn other software (Neon, WordPress)
- Customer Relationship Management and database software experience preferred.
- Web content experience or willingness to learn
Customer Service Experience
Must meet or exceed customer services responsibilities, standards and behavior as outlined in the Inforum charter and summarized below:
Must Possess the Following Personal Qualities
- Professional presence and acumen to interact with individuals on all levels, maintain confidentiality and know when to escalate issues to bring about a resolution
- Self-directed and resourceful, with ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates teamwork, initiative, and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Office-based position
- Drive to other locations as needed (e.g., events and programming in Southeast and West Michigan)
- Physical setup and teardown at events
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Office Location: Detroit, Michigan. We also have a Grand Rapids office that serves West Michigan.
Reports To: Senior Director, Operations
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Kristen Mercer, Senior Director, Operations, at email@example.com.
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
118 Commerce SW, Ste. 300b
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503