What Women Executives Must Know to Close the C-Suite Gap
This unique and experiential program is designed for senior-level women executives who aspire to the C-suite. “Ascending to the C-Suite: From Theory to Practice,” combines the world’s leading business thinkers from Michigan Ross with leading business practitioners for a transformational leadership development experience.
“Ascending to the C-Suite: From Theory to Practice” immerses you in specialized subjects whose mastery is critical for C-Suite executives yet often represent gaps in professional development for women leaders. Topics are taught with a 360-degree view by pairing renowned Michigan Ross faculty with global business leaders.
Participants will dive deep into key business topics and leadership practices while hearing unfiltered insight and first-hand stories from executive role models. Participants will share a similar breadth and depth of experience in a learning environment that will foster strategic connections and relationships beyond the classroom.
Topics that will be covered in depth include business strategic and financial acumen, social styles, positive leadership, persuasion and influence, crisis communication, and true networks.
October 2 – October 5, 2023
Applications are due on September 1st.
presented in partnership with
participants have a minimum 15 years prior leadership experience,
organizational positions that are one to two levels below the C-suite, have a track record of career growth and promotions, and aspire to top leadership ranks
four-day program pairs Michigan Ross faculty with global business leaders
highly experiential, with current case studies, simulations, personal assessment and feedback
includes tuition, instructional materials, breakfast, lunch, snack breaks and select dinners
Applications are due September 1st
October 2 – October 5
This dynamic program features a diverse group of faculty and executive speakers. It attracts participants from a wide variety of industries, organizations, and countries. The fast-paced learning environment fosters collaboration, dialogue, and introspection. Program topics will be presented through a combination of action-learning activities, simulations, group discussions, team exercises, lectures, case studies and projects. This program is customized to participants’ unique, personal, and current leadership challenges.
• Welcome and introduction to the course
• Team building activity – personal artifact
• Create your seat at the table
• True networks
• Persuasion and influence
• Welcome dinner
• Negotiation skills
• Business and crisis communications
Not sure if you should apply? Watch this video
• Business, strategy & financial acumen
• Designing preferable futures
• Core stories and being who you are
• Overnight experience
• Business, strategy & financial acumen continues
• Graduation ceremony
Vice President, Leadership Development
Hear a recent C-Suite program participant experience.
UM Executive Education Faculty
Michigan Ross faculty have collectively authored hundreds of articles and dozens of books. They travel the world, sharing their expertise with Fortune 100 companies in virtually every sector. They’re prolific thinkers and creators of revolutionary studies and frameworks. Most importantly, they are determined and dedicated to leveraging their extensive knowledge to help you succeed.
- Cheri Alexander, Faculty Management and Organizations
- Susan Ashford, Michael & Susan Jandernoa Professor of Management & Organizations
- Jeffrey Sanchez-Burks, William Russell Kelly Professor of Business Administration and Professor of Management and Organizations
- Maxim Sytch, Professor, Management and Organization, Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow
- Christopher Williams, Professor of Accounting, Clyne Crawford Teaching Fellow, Michael and Joan Sakkinen Faculty Fellow, Faculty Director Accounting PhD Program
Inforum Executive Speakers
Inforum Executive Speakers are global business leaders at Fortune 500 companies who offer their real world insights and experiences at each stage of the curriculum. These senior executives generously share what they’ve learned about what works — and sometimes what hasn’t. Their stories of strategy, growth, crisis management and frontline corporate leadership bring the learning to life.
- Terry Barclay, President and CEO, Inforum
- Telva McGruder, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, General Motors Co.
- Kiersten Robinson, President, Mexico, Canada and General Manager Family Vehicles, Ford Motor Co.
- Michelle Johnson Tidjani, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Henry Ford Health
Inforum combines strategic connections, proven professional development programs, a respected forum for new ideas, and original research to accelerate careers for women and boost talent initiatives for companies.
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
940 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite G-158
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503