Vice President, Leadership Development
Founded in 1962, Inforum is the only professional organization in Michigan – and one of only a few in the country – that combines strategic connections, proven professional development programs, a respected forum for new ideas and original research to accelerate careers for women and boost talent initiatives for companies. Inforum elevates and celebrates women leaders and role models and engages all leaders — men and women– in creating positive change through a powerful network.
Inforum engages a broad range of women in different stages and types of careers – from emerging leaders, small business owners, high-growth tech entrepreneurs and veterans to corporate board leaders and senior -level women who aspire to corporate board positions and the C-Suite. Valuable connections are developed through a rich variety of program options — learning labs, Inner Circle conversations with leading executives, leadership development classes, small informal interest groups, signature events featuring big name speakers, and five distinct industry groups — and those are just some of the opportunities. Our members tell us that their Inforum connections are among their strongest and most productive. Our corporate investors tell us we are an important resource upon which they rely for building careers for their employees and developing a strong pipeline for future talent. Inforum is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization.
Vice President, Leadership Development
The Vice President, Leadership Development, oversees the strategic direction, delivery and sales of all Inforum leadership development programs. This position works collaboratively with the CEO, Board of Directors Leadership Programs Committee and colleagues to determine the strategic direction for leadership programming, ensuring that the program portfolio is relevant, in demand, effective, and sustainable.
- Ensure program quality and integrity.
- Secure top-level speakers, facilitators, hosts and panelists to support program objectives and oversee these contractor relationships.
- Facilitate leadership development programs and coach individuals as needed.
- Ensure full enrollment of all leadership programs through robust sales and relationship development with Michigan employers.
- Develop and implement a sales and execution strategy for custom programs.
- Develop and implement plans for tracking, measuring, and evaluating program outcomes.
- Continuously assess and update leadership program business models for sustainability.
- Serve as lead staff liaison to the volunteer Inforum Program Committee.
- Prepare reports and executive summaries for key constituents (e.g., Inforum Board of Directors, Program Committee).
- Oversee and assist contractual staff with development & design for new programs.
- Develop and implement strategies for maintaining the engagement of program graduates.
- Collaborate on development of leadership program marketing materials and communications strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports directly to the VP, Business Development & Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Ability to maintain essential qualifications and certifications to administer assessments.
- Certifications in Emotional & Social Competency (ESCI), Gallup Strengths and professional coaching a plus.
- Experience in consultative sales and/or business development, with an emphasis in talent development services.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, particularly with diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe software, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint ; able to quickly learn other software.
- Proficient in project management and proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, work environment.
Must possess the following personal qualities
- Self-directed and resourceful, with ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast -paced, work environment
If you are interested in this opportunity or have any questions, please reach out to Carole Leigh Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2155
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thank you to General Motors Co. for the generous gift of office space.
118 Commerce SW, Ste. 300b
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503